Born to a Venezuelan couple, Mary Frometa was born in Bryan Texas. Indisputably, she inherited her musical talent from her family, especially from her father, Charlie Frometa and grandfather, Billo Frometa. Full of dreams and ambitions, this young lady strengthened her natural talent by taking private instructions in singing, dancing, modeling and acting. Initially she performed in many folkloric performances promoting the culture of her roots, Venezuela, where she gained experience and stage presence.
At the completion of high school, she entered college following her dreams in “Journalism” and “Public Relations”. This fundamental decision to attend the school of Social Comminications at the “Universidad Central de Venezuela”, served as the base that formed a strong foundation of maturity and responsibility that is so critical in the music business.
Pursuing her ambition, Mary Frometa relocated to Houston, TX in 1995. With her magnetism, she soon became much-admired by her new fans. Throughout her early stages in the city of Houston, and acclaimed by many promoters and private functions, she was invited to perform “on tour” with the Grammy Award winning band, “La Mafia”, on their “2000 Final Tour”. Shortly after, she decided to have her own salsa-band, “Mary’s Band”.
Today, with her vocal talent, charisma, elegance and professionalism, Mary Frometa is the final essence that completes “Mary’s Band”. Glamorously, she leads her band members into a highly energetic stage show. This passionate performer continues performing in upscale venues and private events in various cities in the nation and overseas. Nonetheless, she can easily transform any event into whatever is asked of her: romantic, high energy, soft ambience and so on.
1. Founder / Owner: C&P Entertainment
Exclusive Agency for Silver Eagle Distributors for promotions for Budlight, Budweiser & Corona since 2004
2. Exclusive Latin Artistic Representative for “Bud Light”: September 2003 to September 2005
3. Exclusive Latin Artistic Representative for Michelob Light”: Southern Region, United States 2001 to 2002
4. Japan Tour 2002: Tokyo, Hiroshima, Okinawa
5. Japan Tour 2003: Fukuoka, Hiroshima, Iwakuni, Nagasaki, Tokyo, Yokuska and Tamakura.
6. Korea Tour 2003: Seul and Chinhae
7. TV Host, for the segment “Video of the Week” for the national TV Show “Ritmo Latino”, broadcasted by Telemundo.
8. TV Reporter for “El Gordo y La Flaca”, 2003. Televised by Univision. Interviewed famous artists.
1. Music CD, coming out by summer 2009, a tribute to her grandfather Billo Frometa. She will interpret 5 famous titles from her grandfather and 5 original songs. With this new project she hopes to reach new horizons and to conquer with their music other countries such as Colombia, Mexico and Venezuela.
With 16 years of experience in the music industry, Mary begins a new level in her career. Her mature nature and ambition takes her to higher grounds.